What is polyester?
Polyester is an important variety of synthetic fibers, and it is the trade name of polyester fiber in my country. It is a fiber-forming polymer made of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) or dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) and ethylene glycol (EG) through esterification or transesterification and polycondensation reaction— —Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a fiber made by spinning and post-processing.
What are the properties of polyester?
1. High intensity. The short fiber strength is 2.6～5.7cN/dtex, and the high tenacity fiber is 5.6～8.0cN/dtex. Due to its low hygroscopicity, its wet strength and dry strength are basically the same. The impact resistance is 4 times higher than nylon and 20 times higher than viscose fiber.
2. Good flexibility. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and it can almost completely recover when it stretches 5% to 6%. The wrinkle resistance exceeds other fibers, that is, the fabric does not wrinkle and has good dimensional stability. The modulus of elasticity is 22～141cN/dtex, which is 2～3 times higher than nylon.
3. Good heat resistance.
4. Good water absorption.
5. Good wear resistance. The abrasion resistance is second only to nylon, which is the best in abrasion resistance, and is better than other natural fibers and synthetic fibers.
6. Good light resistance. Light fastness is second only to acrylic fiber. 7. Corrosion resistance. It is resistant to bleaching agents, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. It is resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can make it decompose.
8. Poor dyeability.
What are the major varieties of polyester?
The major varieties of polyester include staple fiber, drawn yarn, textured yarn, decorative filament, industrial filament and various differentiated fibers.
What are the varieties of polyester staple fiber?
1. According to physical properties: high-strength low-extension type, medium-strength medium-extension type, low-strength medium-extension type, high-modulus type, high-strength high-modulus type
2. Differentiate according to post-processing requirements: cotton, wool, hemp, silk
3. Distinguish by purpose: clothing, cotton, decoration, industrial
4. Distinguish by function: cationic dyeable, hygroscopic, flame retardant, colored, anti-pilling, anti-static
5. Distinguish by fiber cross section: profiled wire, hollow wire.