Polyester fabric is a synthetic fiber, called polyester in China. Many clothes are made of this material. The advantage is that it is wear-resistant, easy to clean, and it is bright and beautiful. The disadvantage is that it is not breathable and does not have a good wearing feeling. It cannot be directly touched. skin.
Polyester fibre is a synthetic fiber obtained by spinning polyester formed by polycondensation of organic dibasic acid and diol. The polyester chain research report pointed out that the industrially mass-produced polyester fiber is made of polyethylene terephthalate, and the Chinese trade name is polyester. The yarn of ordinary polyester fabric is made from petroleum. Ordinary polyester fabric: it is ordinary polyester (POLY), its chemical name is polyethylene terephthalate (PET), its tensile breaking strength and tensile breaking elongation are higher than cotton fiber, and it has a good Heat resistance and thermal stability. Due to its many excellent properties, it is widely used in clothing, home textiles, decorations, and industrial products. Its rapid development speed and high output are known as the "Crown of Chemical Fibers" and it is currently the largest variety of synthetic fibers. .
Advantages of polyester fabric
The polyester fiber fabric is strong and wear-resistant, has a certain sense of stiffness, is easy to wash and dry, has good color firmness, does not fade or shrink. In the 1980s, indeed, blended polyester fabrics were popular.
1. Shading, light transmission and ventilation. It can not only eliminate up to 86% of solar radiation, but also keep the indoor air unobstructed, and the outdoor scenery can be clearly seen.
2. Insulation. Polyester fiber sunshine fabric has good heat insulation performance that other fabrics do not have, which greatly reduces the utilization rate of indoor air conditioning.
3. UV protection. The polyester sun fabric can withstand up to 95% of ultraviolet rays.
4. Fire prevention. Polyester fabric has flame retardant properties that other fabrics do not have. The real polyester fiber fabric will leave the internal skeleton glass fiber after burning, so it will not be deformed, while the ordinary fabric has no residue after burning.
5. Moisture-proof. Bacteria cannot reproduce, and the fabric will not be mildewed.
6. Polyester fiber is prone to static electricity, so it is soaked and cleaned with softener.
7. Constant size. The material of the fabric itself determines that it is not malleable, does not deform, and maintains its flatness for a long time.
8. Easy to clean. Can be placed in clean water to scrub.
9. Anti-tear. No need for reinforcement, natural tear resistance, significant wind resistance and withstand frequent use.
Disadvantages of polyester fabric
Polyester fabrics are afraid of sparks and are not breathable. They will become translucent when exposed to water, and the friction parts of the fabric will be flooded and have poor warmth retention.