Pilling has a great influence on the wearing performance of fabrics, but the factors of pilling exist in all aspects from raw materials to production and even in the daily wearing process. Improving the anti-pilling performance of polyester fabrics can be said to be a systematic project. Active and effective preventive measures must be taken in each process to improve the anti-pilling performance of the final product.
1. When selecting raw materials, the content of short staple in the raw material is mainly considered, and the level of short staple content has a great influence on the pilling of the fabric. For varieties that are easy to pilling, choose raw materials with long fiber length and less short piles; for chemical fiber fabrics blended with chemical fibers, choose chemical fibers with a thicker diameter and more anti-balling effect than those with a thin diameter. Of course, the chemical fiber with a thick diameter is used to make the fabric, and the hand feel is stiffer than that with a thin diameter. In practice, it is necessary to balance the relationship between the hand feel and pilling.
2. In the spinning process, it is necessary to control the amount of short pile and reduce hairiness. Scientifically and rationally set the process parameters, reduce the short fiber content in each product, reduce the amount of spun yarn hairiness and shorten the hairiness length, improve the evenness of the spun yarn, and reduce the slub. Spinning yarn.
3. In terms of fabric design, appropriate parameters such as fabric structure and density should be selected according to the style and performance requirements of the final product.
4. During the dyeing and finishing process, the dyeing and finishing process should be reasonably arranged according to the product style characteristics and the requirements of the anti-pilling grade. When wearing clothing that is prone to pilling, the inner and outer layers should be measured with a slip-on workwear to reduce friction. The cleaning and drying methods should be carried out according to the requirements of the cleaning label for the work.
5. For chemical fiber fabrics with poor hygroscopicity or dry wearing occasions, it is better to add conductive fibers during spinning.