The difference between nylon and polyester, the fabrics used in most bags are nylon or polyester. What is the difference between them? Now I will analyze them for you:
1. Polyester --- Polyester fiber, also known as POLYESTER, is characterized by good air permeability and moisture removal. It also has strong anti-acid and alkali resistance and anti-ultraviolet ability. Generally, the fabrics with multiples of 75D are polyester, such as 75D, 150D, 300D, 600D, 1200D, 1800D are polyester, the appearance of the fabric is darker and rougher than nylon.
2. Nylon --- Nylon, also known as Nylon, polyamide fiber. The advantages are high strength, high wear resistance, high chemical resistance and good resistance to deformation and aging. The disadvantage is that it feels hard. The more famous ones are PERTEX and CORDURA. Generally, the fabric with multiples of 70D is nylon, such as 70D, 210D, 420D, 840D, 1680D are all nylon materials (but the market is also made of polyester because of the price), the gloss of the fabric is brighter and the hand feel is smoother .
01. Sensory difference: The gloss of the fabric is brighter and the hand feel is smoother, which is nylon; the appearance of the fabric is darker than that of nylon, and the rougher is polyester;
02. Burning The simplest difference between nylon and polyester is the burning method! Polyester emits very strong black smoke, nylon emits white smoke, and the residue after burning is seen. Polyester will be broken when pinched, and nylon will become plastic! Nylon is twice as expensive as polyester. Nylon, it quickly curls and melts into a white gel when near the flame. It melts and drips and bubbles in the flame. There is no flame when burning. It is difficult to continue to burn when it leaves the flame. . Polyester, easy to ignite, melts near the flame, emits black smoke while burning, turns yellow flame, emits fragrant smell, after burning, the ashes are dark-brown lumps, which can be crushed with fingers.
03. Scrape with your fingernails. You can also use your fingernails to scrape. After the nails are scraped, the ones with obvious marks are nylon, and the ones with less obvious marks are nylon, but this method is not as intuitive and easy to understand as the first method.
difference in function and performance
So, what are the performance differences? Simply put, nylon's performance is better than polyester, but the cost is higher than polyester.
Nylon products are better than polyester products in terms of abrasion resistance, stress, color fastness and gloss, and are not prone to dead wrinkles.