PU, commonly known as synthetic leather, has a lighter specific gravity. The textures of PU are all paper textures, which is a process in which PU pulp is coated on a textured release paper, and the paper is peeled off after cooling and setting, thereby leaving the paper texture on the PU layer. PU can also be post-processed and embossed. There are two types of production processes: wet and dry. Wet PU has a wide range of uses, such as bags, handbags, shoes, balls, stationery, sofas, etc., while dry PU is mainly used in packaging and clothing.
In the manufacturing process of PVC leather, the plastic particles must be melted and stirred into a paste, uniformly coated on the T/C knitted fabric base according to the specified thickness, and then entered into the foaming furnace for foaming, so that it can adapt to Produce a variety of different products with different softness requirements, and carry out surface treatment (dying, embossing, polishing, matting, polishing, etc., mainly in accordance with specific product requirements) at the same time as the furnace. The essence of PVC is a kind of vacuum blister film, which is used for the surface packaging of various panels, so it is also called decorative film, adhesive film, and is used in many industries such as building materials, packaging, and medicine.
PVC is the earliest invented substitute for leather fabrics. It is made by calendering and compounding PVC with plasticizers and other additives on the cloth. The advantages are low price, rich colors, and various patterns. The disadvantage is that it is easy to harden. Become brittle. PU synthetic leather is used to replace PVC artificial leather, and its price is higher than PVC artificial leather. In terms of chemical structure, it is closer to leather fabrics. It does not use plasticizers to achieve softness, so it will not become hard or brittle. At the same time, it has the advantages of rich colors and various patterns, and the price is cheaper than leather fabrics. So it is welcomed by consumers.
The difference between PU and PVC is relatively easy. The main ways to distinguish are:
1. PU feels softer than PVC, has good quality and good toughness. It is generally used for fabrics and can withstand relatively large tension;
2. The price of PU is more expensive than that of PVC;
3. PVC can be torn apart forcefully, but PU cannot;
4. The base fabric of PVC is generally thinner and thinner; there are more PVC bottoms and jersey bottoms, while the quality of PU bottoms is relatively high; the base of PVC leather is generally woven fabric and knitted fabric. The base of PU leather is non-woven fabric;
5. If it is burned with fire, the smell of PU is relatively weak, and PVC will turn black and smell bad.
6. The proportion of PVC is larger than that of PU.
7. PVC has a deeper texture, and the foam layer in the middle is more obvious.